Sunday, February 6, 2011

Long Run This Week

7:30 am...weather is cold..as always...but no wind..so we do have cold nice weather...10 miles is our goal today...have Gu in our pockets warming up...we are ready....everything was perfect..the conversation, the company and the weather....our first 3 miles flew by as we just were like 3 old ladies who had not seen each other in awhile and the rest went by just the same...we tried some pineapple Gu..not my favorite...Chocolate Gu..was great...tasted like a tootsie roll..so I think we will stick with them and Kelli and Leann tried some jelly beans, which were fine...so we got all caught up on our girlie talk, tasted and found our favorite Gu and finished our 10 mile run in 1:47....we did our 9 this week and previously in 1:37 so our last mile ended as a 10 minute mile which was great for all of us......I am very proud of my girlies...they are doing so great!!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you all! Sounds like a great time had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why I didn't make the post..but I did my 10 mile run as well, 1 hour 48 minutes..had to push for the last 2 miles..didn't realize I should/could have more gu. I also tried the choc. and it was pretty good as far as gu goes. I would love to have someone to run with these days, to have someone give me that little extra I need to complete these goals. But pretty proud of myself that I AM pushing myself and not giving up!!! On to the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Gayle...I am so proud of you, you are doing great...keep up the great work and we will see you soon

    ReplyDelete